BURNEY, Calif.- The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office said they arrested a man who fired shots in the direction of multiple people in Burney.
Deputies say Dale Lee Connely kicked open the door of his estranged girlfriend's friends house last night around 9:20 p.m. demanding to know where his girlfriend was.
According to those friends, Connely appeared intoxicated as he approached them, saying "tell me where she is or I’ll kill you!”
They said when he realized she was not there, he walked out of the house.
But, when the friends stood on the front porch of the residence to make sure Connely was leaving, he turned and shot at them multiple times, before running away.
No one was injured.
Deputies later found Connely at his home.
During the investigation, multiple guns were found in his possession.
Deputies also located a backpack at the residence containing a suspicious device.
The Shasta County Bomb Team is investigating the device.
Connely was placed under arrest and booked into jail.
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for shooting his neighbor
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy injured in shoot-out with suspect
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Suspected Paradise Car Thief
- Manhunt underway for Shasta County shooting suspect
- Shasta Co. Deputies Searching for Suspect in Shooting
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road