ANDERSON, Calif. -
The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office arrested a man for burglary and drug possession.
On Monday, February 11 at around 10:46 PM, an employee with Siskiyou Forest Products called 911 when an alarm was set off in an office on the property. The business is located on State Highway 273 in Anderson. It is situated on large piece of property, with numerous buildings, stacks of lumber, and vehicles and equipment spread over acres of land.
Deputies began to search for the suspect, using one of Shasta Lake City's Sheriff's Office K-9 "Hondo". While Hondo was searching one of the buildings containing large stacks of lumber, he indicated that someone was inside the building. Eventually, they discovered a man lying on top of a stack of lumber that was about 30 feet high.
He was identified as 40 year old Christopher Smith from Redding.
A large bag filled with power tools and equipment taken from the shop building, was found next to the stack of lumber where Smith was hiding. He was also found to be in possession of meth. Smith’s car was found on the property with stolen property from two previous burglaries which had occurred in Redding.
He is now behind bars on charges of burglary and drug possession.
Additional charges from the other burglaries are pending, and will be processed by the Shasta County District Attorney's Office.
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Burglary and Drug Arrest
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Three Arrested in Firearms Burglary
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for burglary
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office arrests suspect in multiple burglaries at West Valley High School
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Most Wanted Criminals
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office declares local emergency
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office arrests two in major felony drug and burglary bust