REDDING, Calif.- A man in Redding called authorities saying that his neighbors were robbed at gunpoint and that he helped them escape zip ties before being shot at for attempting to prevent the suspect's escape.
On Sunday, Dec. 2, at around 6 p.m. the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Anthony Palazzo. He said that his neighbors, Rufus Larry and Shauntelle Kelley, who live on the 10000 block of Old Oregon Trail, Redding, had their hands zip-tied and were held at gunpoint while unknown suspects removed firearms and other property from their home.
When Palazzo found his neighbors, he freed them from their zip ties and attempted to block the driveway with his vehicle, to block the suspects’ escape. One of the suspects shot at him but missed. Palazzo quickly drove away while on the phone with 911. He said that the suspects’ vehicle had gotten stuck in the mud at the house, and the suspects tried to escape on foot. Palazzo and Larry provided descriptions of the suspects to Shascom.
A multi-agency search was initiated. A notification was issued to residents in the surrounding area concerning the dangerous outstanding suspects. One nearby resident called 911 reporting two men matching the descriptions on Old Alturas Road. The suspects, Hamed Ali Daneshmand-Pourlashgari and Lee Zebediah Stockinger Jr. both from Sacramento, were taken into custody by deputies and were positively identified as the suspects in the robbery.
A CHP helicopter that searched the area found two additional subjects running from the home. Deputies found the suspects later identified as Marc William Love, 51, and Candy Renee Salazar, 35, of Sacramento. They were also taken into custody. Love and Salazar were found to be in possession of some of the victim’s property, including a firearm. Numerous items of the victim’s property and firearms were recovered at the scene.
Daneshmand-Pourlashgari, Stockinger Jr., Love, and Salazar were all booked into the Shasta County Jail.
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Most Wanted Criminals
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office declares local emergency
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Frost
- Shasta County Sheriff's come up with plan to deal with explosives found at Happy Valley home
- Shasta County Sheriff settles suit over jail conditions
- Shasta County Sheriff’s searching for Bella Vista burglary suspects