SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - At least four U.S. Post Offices within Shasta County are being temporarily closed because of the ongoing threat of the “Carr Fire” burning near Redding.
According to the U.S. Postal Service in an email sent on Saturday, the closed offices are located in mandatory evacuation areas.
The closed post offices include:
- Shasta Lake, 4425 Front St., Shasta Lake, CA 96019
- Project City, 1985 Cascade Blvd., Shasta Lake, CA 96019
- Summit City, 13701 Hill Blvd., Shasta Lake, CA 96089
- Igo, 6484 Placer Road, Igo, CA 96047
Affected customers can pick up their mail at the Redding post office at 2323 Churn Creek Road from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with Sundays closed.
The USPS says customers are reminded to bring proper photo ID in order to make mail and package pickups.
There is no word about when the offices might reopen.
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Post Offices Temporarily Close Due to Carr Fire
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Shasta Union Elementary reopens after Carr Fire
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Carr Fire Forces Week-Long Closure of Shasta County Courts
- Carr Fire Brings Contracting Scammers to Shasta County
- Shasta County Supervisor Thanks President Trump for Carr Fire Assistance
- Effects from Carr Fire Felt in Shasta County
- Shasta County Arts Council raises money for Carr Fire mural