Shasta County, Calif - Drivers could expect to take a few extra minutes heading to work Tuesday morning due to frost.
One way to remove frost from your windshield is to blast the heater and hit the defrost button.
This method could take a few minutes but adding the windshield wipers to let it scrape that extra ice off for you could help with that issue.
Officers say if you do use this method do not leave your car running and unattended, thieves are out looking for these unattended vehicles so they can just drive away with them.
A quicker method to defrosting your windshield is mixing 70-percent rubbing alcohol and 30-percent water in a spray bottle or water bottle and pouring it over the frost.
This will help break down the ice much quicker.
- Shasta County Frost
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Frost advisory, winter weather threatens almonds
- Shasta County Supervisors appoint new Shasta County Sheriff
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Emergency notifications for Shasta County
- Shasta County most wanted criminals
- Shasta County Most Wanted Criminals
- Syphilis Outbreak in Shasta County