REDDING Calif. - June is Elder Abuse Awareness month. Authorities in Shasta County are putting on several events to support elder abuse prevention.
June 4-15: Food drive - Collection barrels located at Redding City Hall, Shasta County District Attorney's Office, Shasta Lake City Hall, Anderson Teen Center and Everything Medical.
June 12: Blood Drive - BloodSource will host a blood drive in the parking lot of the Shasta County district attorney's Office from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The public is welcome.
June 13: Lunch and Learn training provided by Compass ShiningCare. Registration is $10, proceeds benefit their Gatekeeper Program.
June 16: Light the Sundial Bridge PURPLE! 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wheelchairs will be provided for transportation across the bridge, courtesy of Everything Medical! Music, food, and fun!
Visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/shastahhsa/events/ for additional information on these events!
- Shasta County Elder Abuse Prevention Month Events
- Shasta County man arrested for elder abuse, assault with deadly weapon
- Shasta County Senior & Veteran Fraud Prevention Fair
- Redding Deputies Searching for Elder Abuse Robbery Suspect
- Update: Elder abuse suspect caught near Redding Homeless Encampment
- Sacramento woman facing elder abuse, identity theft charges
- Spring Spin Celebration for Shasta Bike Month
- We Back the Blue Event in Shasta County
- Shasta County events commemorating those impacted by Carr Fire
- Redding Rancheria Mourns Loss of Tribal Elder