MONTGOMERY CREEK, Calif. - A man with an extensive criminal history was arrested Wednesday after several guns, tools and vehicles were stolen in Montgomery Creek, one suspect is still on the loose, said the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office.
According to SCSO, deputies got a call around 9:18 a.m. at the 30000 block of Jackson Lane about an extensive burglary, and while authorities were en route to the alleged crime, they were told that a stolen ATV was on the side of Highway 299 East near Bakus Lane.
Once deputies arrived at the ATV, new information revealed that the victim’s boyfriend and a friend confronted two men who were attempting to load the stolen ATV into their Toyota pickup.
An argument broke out a short time later about the ownership of the ATV, one of those suspects, Michael Leon Vandolah, 61, and his supposed accomplice then fled off after the victim’s boyfriend threatened to call 911.
The victim’s boyfriend then gave chase to the two suspects, where at one point the passenger jumped from Vandolah’s moving Toyota and drove away from the Round Mountain area.
Deputies could not locate Vandolah or the other suspect Wednesday morning.
But a few hours later at 3:15 p.m. deputies got new information from a Round Mountain resident, who says that he found fresh tire tracks on his property traveling up a hill into a wooded area.
Authorities then located a Toyota pick-up with Vandolah hiding inside, officials said.
Vandolah was then taken and booked into Shasta County Jail on charges of possession of methamphetamine, heroin and property that was stolen from the original burglary.
According to SCSO, Vandolah is on active parole for a possession of a controlled substance conviction, he also has an extensive criminal history and has been arrested 25 times in Shasta County.
One male suspect is still at large and is described as a:
• White male
• 30 to 40 years old
• About 5 feet 11 inches
• Bald with tattoos on his back and arms
• Weighs around 180 pounds
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for any information related to the case to call (530)-245-6540.
- Shasta County Deputies Arrest 1 in Montgomery Creek Alleged Burglary, Other Suspect at Large
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for burglary
- Police Arrest Three Burglary Suspects in Mount Shasta
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- Deputies Search for Suspects in ATM Burglary
- Shasta County Sheriff’s searching for Bella Vista burglary suspects
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Three Arrested in Firearms Burglary