REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County District Attorney’s Office said a Redding police officer was acting lawfully in a fatal December 2017 shooting, according to a press release sent on Tuesday.
According to the agency, on Dec. 8, 2017, Redding police responded to a report of a disturbance at the 2600 block of Wilson Ave., at about 2 a.m.
Arriving officers entered the home and found a man identified as Vernchoy John Saechao, 22, of Redding, who appeared to be drunk and running from authorities.
Saechao then fired multiple shots at officers, causing police to return fire and ultimately kill him.
An autopsy for Saechao will be conducted next Tuesday, said the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Shasta County DA: Redding officer acted lawfully in Dec. 2017 shooting
- Shasta County DA files additional criminal charges against Redding doctor
- Redding Rancheria awarded Shasta County with grant
- Butte County D.A.'s Office Honors Crime Victims
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Shasta County's Most Wanted for Thursday, December 21, 2017
- Shasta County Most Wanted for Thursday, December 28, 2017
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation