SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Brown and First Lady Anne Gust Brown hosted the 87th annual "Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony," Friday.
This year's tree is a 66-foot tall white fir from the Latour Demonstration State Forest located near Redding in Shasta County, the seventh capitol Christmas tree to come from a state forest managed by Cal Fire.
The tree is illuminated by approximately 10,000 L.E.D lights and is decorated with more than 900 hand-crafted ornaments made by children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Shasta County Christmas Tree Lit Up at State Capitol
- Christmas Tree Disposal
- Christmas tree removal in the north state
- Local business offering free Christmas tree disposal
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Frost
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Emergency notifications for Shasta County