REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) said a formal bidding will be open for the current jail bed expansion project.
According to SCSO, the opening of sealed contractor bids is open to all and will be held at the Shasta County Administrative Building at 1450 Court St., Room 311.
The project would add 102 more beds in the Shasta County Jail as well improve exercise yards and add more showers in the housing unit.
The project would hold and incarcerate more individuals that are considered “great offenders,” said SCSO.
Authorities expect construction to start in early August 2018 and be completed by the end of 2018 or early 2019.
- Shasta County Authorities Open Formal Bidding on County Jail Project
- A Look Inside the Shasta County Jail Project
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County could soon be getting desperately needed jail beds
- Shasta County Looking to Make Space in Jail
- Shasta County Sheriff settles suit over jail conditions
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Expected to Fill Quickly
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Emergency notifications for Shasta County