REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Arts Council is working to raise money for a Carr Fire mural in Redding.
The council has been in talks with New York artist 'BK Foxx to do the mural. It would go on the outer west wall of the Cascade Theater, facing the U.S. Bank parking lot in downtown Redding.
"Really, it's a celebration of the resilience of the community," said Tyler Whitlow, a fundraiser with the council. "You're going to see an amazing piece of artwork that represents what Redding and Shasta County had to go through during the Carr Fire and even the Paradise fire, and just our community strength and highlighting that and celebrating that."
The Shasta County Arts Council is hoping to raise $28,000. So far, more than $10,000 has been raised.
To donate, CLICK HERE.
- Shasta County Arts Council raises money for Carr Fire mural
- Shasta Co. Arts Council seeks funding for Cascade Theatre mural
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Local breweries collaborate to raise money for Carr Fire victims
- Soccer Star Megan Rapinoe Raises Money for Carr Fire Survivors
- Carr Fire Art Show Unveils Work
- Seeds of Regrowth: Carr Fire art exhibit
- Shasta Union Elementary reopens after Carr Fire
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire