SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office has declared a local emergency due to the fires burning in Shasta County over the weekend.
According to a press release sent by the agency, the fires that broke out along Clear Creek Road and Highway 273, west of Redding, have destroyed four structures and injured a firefighter.
Infrastructure was also destroyed by the blaze including guard rails, roads and power poles, said Shasta County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies did not specify what specific structures were destroyed or how injured the firefighter was.
- Sheriff Declares Local Emergency from Shasta County Fires
- Emergency notifications for Shasta County
- Yuba county declares state of emergency
- Redding considers declaring state of fiscal emergency
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured
- Highland Fire in Shasta County
- Shasta County Weighing Three Major Local Measures
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Sheriff settles suit over jail conditions