SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office has declared a local emergency due to the fires burning in Shasta County over the weekend.
According to a press release sent by the agency, the fires that broke out along Clear Creek Road and Highway 273, west of Redding, have destroyed four structures and injured a firefighter.
Infrastructure was also destroyed by the blaze including guard rails, roads and power poles, said Shasta County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies did not specify what specific structures were destroyed or how injured the firefighter was.
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office declares local emergency
- Sheriff Declares Local Emergency from Shasta County Fires
- Shasta County Board of Supervisors declares a state of emergency
- Emergency notifications for Shasta County
- Butte County declares local emergency due recent storms
- Yuba county declares state of emergency
- Humboldt County Sheriff declares local disaster due to flooding
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Most Wanted Criminals
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect