REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Arts Council is asking the public for help in raising money for a mural commemorating the Carr Fire.
The Council has been in talks with New York artist B.K. Foxx to commission the mural which will go on the outer west wall of the Cascade Theatre facing the U.S. Bank parking lot in downtown Redding.
Fundraiser Tyler Whitlow said, "Really, it's a celebration of the resilience of the community."
"So on the wall behind me you're going to see an amazing piece of artwork that represents what Redding and Shasta County had to go through during the Carr Fire and even the Paradise fire," Whitlow said. He said it will highlight and celebrate community strength and resiliency.
The Arts Council wants to raise $28,000 for the project, which will cover supplies, insurance fees and the cost of bringing the artist to Redding.
So far, nearly $5,000 has been raised. You can click here to visit their gofundme page.
- Shasta Co. Arts Council seeks funding for Cascade Theatre mural
- Shasta County Arts Council raises money for Carr Fire mural
- The Shasta Historical Society need your help documenting the life of the Cascade Theatre
- Chico city council approves funding for the arts
- Council Vote to Fund the Arts Faces Opposition
- 'Beauty from Ashes' art show features murals in Paradise
- State Theatre Marquee Lighting
- Licence plate program generating much-needed funds in Shasta County
- New Mural in Chico Promotes Peace
- Iconic Chico murals at risk of fading