SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. – Shascom responded to a call from a woman who said she was shot by her neighbor.
Wednesday, Sept. 11, at approximately 5:30 p.m. Shascom responded to a call from 54-year-old Dawne Maddox stating she had been shot by her neighbor, 58-year-old Steve Smith.
Moments after, Smith called Shascom advising his neighbor, Maddox, had hit him with a motorized quad.
Deputies from the Burney Station and Redding responded to the scene, located on Mineral School Road off of Oak Run Road near Highway 299 E in eastern Bella Vista. They immediately applied first aid to Maddox for her injuries until medical help arrived at the scene.
Maddox was transported to a hospital and is recovering there.
During the investigation, it was discovered that Smith was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. Smith refused to provide deputies with a statement regarding the incident.
Smith was booked into the Shasta County Jail for being a felon in possession of a firearm and assault with a deadly weapon.
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office is asking for anyone with information to contact Shascom dispatch at 245-6540.
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for shooting his neighbor
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County deputies: man shoots brother in self defense
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road
- Placer County Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Man for Possessing Stolen ID's
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Video: Shasta County Deputy Punches Party-Goer