CHICO, Calif. - City officials announced a sewer construction project that will impact drivers and residents on Chico's northwest side starting next week.
The city's contractor will be installing sewer lines along the north Esplanade between Leora Court and Mud Creek. The construction will begin Monday, Aug. 26, continuing through late September.
The project consists of, but is not limited to, the installation of a gravity sewer system, mains, laterals to property lines, and trench replacement.
Local access throughout the project construction zone will be subject to traffic controls. City officials said temporary delays are expected in order to accommodate construction crews and equipment.
Drivers are encouraged to build extra time into their schedules or use alternative routes during the project.
- Sewer project set to impact traffic in northwest Chico
- Storm Sewer Project Expected to Cause Traffic Delays in Chico
- Chico sewer project to run along North Esplanade
- Chico State Graduation to Impact Downtown Traffic
- New traffic route connects northwest and northeast Chico
- Major Sewer Project Gets Underway in Redding, Could Cause Delays
- Sewer Project Closes Parts of Churn Creek Road in Redding
- Chico's 'Code Blue' Project Helps Homeless Impacted by Winter Weather
- Our Future After the Fire: Sewer System Set-up
- Chico Project Save delivers worldwide