OROVILLE, Calif. – A 26-year-old man from Alabama was arrested in Oroville for possession of seven pounds of cannabis, after allegedly colliding into a detective’s vehicle in a parking lot with his car.
The incident occurred on Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2018. (Information on the incident was released on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018)
The vehicle that was allegedly hit by suspect Keith Deshawn Hudson was being driven by a Butte County Sheriff’s Office Special Enforcement Unit (SEU) detective. Sheriff’s Office officials said there were no injuries during the traffic incident.
The SEU Detective that was driving the Sheriff's vehicle found Hudson and noticed the smell of marijuana, say officials with the Sheriff’s Office. They said they searched his vehicle and discovered seven vacuum sealed bags of cannabis in the spare tire area. Each bag weighed one pound.
Hudson was arrested at the scene for possession of marijuana for sale and transportation of marijuana for sale. Hudson was booked into the Butte County Jail with a bail set at $6,000.
- Seven Pounds of Marijuana Found After Driver Hits Detective's Vehicle in Oroville
- UPDATE: Suspect's Vehicle Found, Oroville Hit-and-Run
- Oroville City Council to reconsider marijuana ban
- Q&A on marijuana dispensaries held in Oroville
- Oroville; decides no ballot vote for marijuana
- UPDATE: Oroville woman found safe
- Over 3,000 pounds of marijuana seized in Humboldt County
- Traffic stop in Hoopa finds pounds of marijuana and ammunition
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office seizes 630 pounds of marijuana
- Fatal Hit and Run Reported in Oroville