CALIFORNIA - A Senate committee advanced legislation crafted by Santa Barbra Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson.
The bill would require developers to increase fire protection, plan for evacuations or prepare for those who need safety from fires.
The bill would also require local governments to attempt to make existing buildings less likely to burn.
- Senate committee advances fire-protection bill
- Housing bill passes Natural Resources Committee unanimously
- Senator questions protecting Florida from drilling
- Senate Republicans pass tax bill
- Emotion-Charged Hearing Advances Bill on Police Shootings
- Wildfire Insurance Protections for California Fire Victims
- Governor Signs Bill Protecting People Living in the Country Illegally
- Governor Signs Two Bills to Protect Victims of Natural Disasters
- Senate to vote on disaster aid bill