Sen. John McCain is heading to his home state of Arizona where he will continue to recover from side effects of chemotherapy for a brain tumor and will miss a big tax reform bill vote, according to CNN.
McCain’s daughter Meghan shared her thoughts on Twitter, Sunday afternoon.
“Thank you to everyone for their kind word. My father is doing well and we are all looking forward to spending Christmas together in Arizona,” Meghan tweeted.
The final vote on the Republican tax bill is expected to take place early this week.
- Sen. John McCain expected to miss tax bill vote
- Sen. McCain Won't Continue with Brain Cancer Medical Treatment: Family
- Arizona Senator, War Hero, John McCain has died
- Thousands Gather to Remember John McCain in Arizona
- Senator John McCain Laid to Rest in Maryland
- Senate Republicans pass tax bill
- Senate to vote on disaster aid bill
- Day 2 of the government shutdown, vote expected soon