UPDATE: 5/18/2018 3:50 p.m.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.-- The road is now open.
UPDATE: 5/18/2018 1:06 p.m.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.-- The road is expected to open Friday by 4 p.m.
UPDATE: 5/17/2018 3:08 p.m.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.—According Butte County the road will be open Friday May 18th by noon.
UPDATE: 5/17/2018 10:36 a.m.
Butte County, Calif.—According to CHP crews are in the process of getting the truck out of the embankment.
Once the truck is removed crews will then clean up the road.
There is no estimate at this time when the road will be open.
Butte County, Calif.-- The California Highway Patrol has shut down Ord Ferry Road between River Road and Seven Mile Lane due to a semi truck crash off the bridge.
They say it happened at around 5 a.m. Thursday.
CAL FIRE says a large semi truck hit a concrete abutment on the right-hand, West side of the bridge off of Angle-Slogh and went off the bridge and into the embankment below.
CAL FIRE originally said that the truck was leaking 150 gallons of diesel fuel into the water. Now, fire officials say it appears that the truck is leaking 75 gallons of fuel into the soil because only one of the two fuel tanks was punctured.
Hazmat crews are on scene now for clean up. CAL FIRE says, however, that this is not a "hazmat" situation; rather, Butte County Public Works will need to do a monitored clean up and remove the contaminated soil and replace it.
CAL FIRE says the truck driver was not injured.
The road will be closed for an extended period of time however, because the tow crew and CHP are awaiting an assessment from a Butte Co. Public Works engineer to determine the weight capacity of the bridge.
The plan is to take the semi apart and lift it off of the embankment in two peices.
- Semi Goes Over Bridge, Ord Ferry Road Now Open
- Ord Ferry Road still closed after semi-truck crash
- Jellys Ferry Bridge Closed Indefinitely
- 3 mountain lions spotted near Butte City, Ord Bend
- Tehama County officials to replace Jellys Ferry Bridge
- Jellys Ferry Bridge construction causes major driving detours, delays
- Portion of I-5 closed at Jellys Ferry Road due to pipe bomb in roadway
- Some Bahamas evacuees were told to get off a ferry headed to the US. CBP blames the ferry operator.
- NOW WITH VIDEO: Semi Accident Leaves Hole in Butte City Bridge
- 1 killed after crash on Bay Bridge, roads closed