UPDATE 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - Authorities are now reopening Scott Avenue.
UPDATE 10:45 a.m. Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - Officers at the scene said that nobody was injured in the crash.
Authorities believe the truck may have been hauling debris from the Camp Fire burn scar.
Stay tuned for updates.
CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department is asking the public to avoid the area of E. Park and Scott Avenues due to downed power lines.
The department first posted about the traffic alert on Facebook around 10:15 a.m.
The downed power lines were caused by a semi-truck that crashed into a power pole, they said.
We have a reporter on the way to the scene. Stay tuned for updates.
- Semi-truck crash causes downed power lines in Chico
- Semi truck crash caused 2K to lose power in Chico
- Work truck strikes power lines in Chico, sparks fire
- Semi Truck Fire Stalls Traffic in Chico
- Semi-truck busts Chico fire hydrant
- Semi-truck crash creates fuel spill
- Vehicle crashes into pole, downed power lines southeast Gridley
- Downed power lines prompt Redding road closure
- Highway 70 partially blocked by semi-truck after crash
- A semi-truck full of cheese crashes and sets fire