The Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen will tour areas of Shasta County damaged by the Carr Fire Friday afternoon.
Nielsen met with California Governor Jerry Brown on Thursday to discuss how DHS and the Federal Emergency Management Agency can help disaster survivors. She tweeted out that the departments are building a culture of preparedness and partnership with Cal Fire and the CA Governor's Office of Emergency Services.
Neilsen tweeted out that she plans to meet with first responders and tour damaged communties Friday afternoon. FEMA confirms that Neilsen will be in Anderson for a press conference at 12 p.m. at Shasta Hall.
Action News Now will have reporters at the meeting to bring you the latest. Stay with us on air and online for updates.
- Secretary of Homeland Security to tour areas damaged by Carr Fire today
- Homeland Security secretary visits fire damage in Santa Rosa
- Secretary of Homeland Security visits Redding to talk about Carr Fire
- U.S Secretary of the Interior Visits Areas Devastated by Carr Fire
- Carr Fire: Evacuations lifted in some areas
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Two Accused of Looting in Areas Evacuated for Carr Fire