Crews will open a newly constructed second left turn lane on the northbound State Highway 99 off-ramp to East Avenue in Chico this weekend, Caltrans announced today.
Prior to the opening, the off-ramp will be closed from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to allow crews to do final roadway striping work. Motorists should use alternate routes during the closure.
The additional left turn lane will allow more vehicles on the offramp during peak travel hours and keep traffic from backing up onto the main highway. The $1.9 million off-ramp improvement project also included the installation of new traffic signals at East Avenue and upgraded sidewalks and curb ramps that meet current Americans with Disabilities Act requirements.
- Second Left Turn Lane Added to Highway 99 Off-ramp in Chico
- Crash blocking lane of Southbound Highway 99 south of Chico
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Dump Truck rollover blocks both lanes on northbound Highway 99
- Highway 99 Reopens After Flooding
- Big-rig crash closes northbound lanes on Highway 99 in Chico
- Caltrans to close some ramps, lanes on SR 99 starting May 20
- Driver hospitalized after crashing into tree at Highway 99 on-ramp
- Distraught woman saved from Highway 99 overpass in Chico
- CHP investigating deadly crash along Highway 99 in Chico