Crews will open a newly constructed second left turn lane on the northbound State Highway 99 off-ramp to East Avenue in Chico this weekend, Caltrans announced today.
Prior to the opening, the off-ramp will be closed from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to allow crews to do final roadway striping work. Motorists should use alternate routes during the closure.
The additional left turn lane will allow more vehicles on the offramp during peak travel hours and keep traffic from backing up onto the main highway. The $1.9 million off-ramp improvement project also included the installation of new traffic signals at East Avenue and upgraded sidewalks and curb ramps that meet current Americans with Disabilities Act requirements.
- Second Left Turn Lane Added to Highway 99 Off-ramp in Chico
- Crash blocking lane of Southbound Highway 99 south of Chico
- Distraught woman saved from Highway 99 overpass in Chico
- CHP investigating deadly crash along Highway 99 in Chico
- Two-Car Rollover Crash Closes SR 99 On-ramp
- Highway 99 shutdown due to suicidal man
- Explosion at power substation near Highway 99 and Highway 70
- Overturned semi-truck blocking both lanes of southbound Highway 99, driver arrested
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- Single vehicle crash causes backup on Highway 99