Redding, Calif -- There are two sides to every story.
There are those who protested for school safety and gun regulations.
And those who are stepping forward against it.
“this is something our founding fathers never wanted. “
Dozens of people gathered at the Redding city hall Saturday morning with one clear message.
“We're here today to show our support for the 2nd amendment and prevent history from happening, “ said event organizer David Johnson.
The group claims in a community where many people own guns, it’s appalling that our government is trying to them away.
Adding, historically this move has gone wrong.
“Hitler killed seven million Jews after disarming them at the same time allowing his citizens to own guns. He said Jews could not own guns, and then he murdered them,” said Johnson.
Members partaking in the march also add, this pro/anti-gun conversation began after the Parkland Florida school shooting, but if gun shops there would have done their jobs the shooting would have never happened.
“Had we been utilizing the current laws that we have stating that you cannot obtain and own a firearm if you have the type of problem that he had, he never would have been able to get that firearm,” said Johnson.
Although the march began small, they did receive support among drivers
Leading to believe this isn't the end of the conversation.
“Society has lost its way and that's why we are here. To actually have to defend our second amendment on our own soil it’s ridiculous,” said Eric Barnes.
“The bad guys will get guns the bad guys will get weapons and it'll do a lot worse than they did in Florida,” said Johnson.
- Second Amendment Supporters Rally in Redding
- Hundreds in Redding Rally in Support of Trump Border Wall
- Grindstone District trail restoration project amendment
- PG&E releases new amended bankruptcy plan
- Redding rallies behind Megan Rapinoe for Women's World Cup
- Air and Car Show Supports Aviation Scholarships for Redding Youth
- Reinventing Redding
- Chico supports World AIDS Day
- School Services Support Struggling Students
- Letters of Support for Paradise