Update 10:22 a.m. Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 - According to the Butte County Sheriff's Office, Rylan Fuentes was found by searchers at approximately 10:00 a.m. He is uninjured and is safe. Action News Now is working to learn more.
BERRY CREEK, Calif. - More than 80 people are involved in a search and rescue mission for a missing dirt bike rider in the Berry Creek area of Butte County, according to a spokesperson for the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
18-year-old Rylan Fuentes of Chico was one of eight dirt bike riders who were in a group. According to officials, Fuentes became separated from the group.
A call was made to the Sheriff's Office at 5:37 p.m. Sunday evening. Deputies responded to French Creek Road at Oro-Quincy Highway in Berry Creek before dispatching Butte County Search & Rescue.
The other bike riders told deputies that Fuentes was last seen in the area of Coyote Gap Road at approximately 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. Some of the other riders in the group told deputies at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday that they were at French Creek Road and Oro-Quincy Highway at 6:30 p.m. and heard someone yelling for help.
Butte County responders have been unable to locate Fuentes, but they have located his motorcycle in the area of French Creek Road. It is a red and white 2004 Honda CRF-250 motorcycle.
On Monday morning Megan McMann of the Butte County Sheriff's Office said their aircraft is going to fly as soon as the fog clears out. She said Search & Rescue are using search dogs, UTV and ATV vehicles in the ongoing search.
McMann said mutual aid Search & Rescue has been dispatched and 80 people are now involved in the search or are on their way to the area.
Rylan Fuentes was last seen wearing a backpack, purple hoodie, black chest protector, motorcycle pants, red helmet.
- FOUND: Missing dirt biker located in Berry Creek area
- SHERIFF: Missing autistic man in Berry Creek found
- Berry Creek power pole concerns
- Water Truck Fire Burns Driver in Berry Creek Area
- NOW WITH VIDEO: Simmons Fire Burned in Berry Creek Area Now 85 Percent Contained
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire
- 1 dead after fight, 10-foot fall in Berry Creek
- Berry Creek Fire Safe Council concerned over wildfire evacuation route
- Sheriff's Office looking for marijuana investigation suspect in Berry Creek
- Body found in Berry Creek; Sheriff's Office calls it a suspicious death