Photo Gallery 7 Images
UPDATE 9:45 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 20 - While doing a welfare check on the owner of the SUV, officials say they arrested the man after they found him inside his home with guns and wearing body armor.
Officials say inside the home on Roycroft Lane, they found Doctor Alfred Villasenor armed, wearing body armor and placed in the home in what officials saw to be "an ambush posture".
Villasenor surrendered to officials and they took him into custody without incident.
During a search, officials say they found a semi-automatic rifle, an assault weapon, two manufactured handguns, body armor, and ammunition.
Due to a restraining order, Villasenor is prohibited from having any firearms and officials say this is the second time he had violated the order. The 36-year-old had a warrant for that previous case.
Villasenor was booked into the Butte County Jail on charges of violating a restraining order, illegal possession of a firearm, possession of an assault weapon and other charges.
UPDATE 2:04 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20 - Butte County Sheriff Search & Rescue said the car has been searched and nobody was found inside the car.
CHICO, Calif. - Butte County Sheriff Search & Rescue crews are arriving at Pine Creek Boat Launch near Scotty's Landing where a car is submerged in the water.
Chico CHP received a call about a vehicle in the water near Pine Creek Boat Launch around 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
CHP Officer John Murphy said they are not yet sure of the exact model but it's a medium-sized SUV.
Butte County Water Rescue is on the way to search the vehicle and water, they still don't know where the driver is at this time, Murphy said.
The CHP, Butte County Fire, and Hamilton Fire Department are on the scene at this time.
Action News Now has a reporter on the scene and we will update with the latest developments.
- Owner of car found near Scotty's Landing arrested for possession of firearms
- Salmon survival experiment takes place at Scotty's Landing
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm
- Chico PD finds felons in possession of firearms after traffic stop
- Orland woman arrested for narcotics possession
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Stolen Property, Firearms Found at Yard Sale in Chico
- NPU in Redding arrests man with 9 illegal firearms
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Three Arrested in Firearms Burglary