GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - A successful rescue effort is giving people a reminder to be prepared if you're driving in snowy conditions.
The Glenn County and Mendocino County Search and Rescue teams helped a family stuck in the snow east of Covello over the weekend.
The family's car became stuck on Forest Highway 7 when one of their tire chains broke. The family was able to dig and free the car at the time of search and rescue's arrival.
Glenn County Search and Rescue said they were able to provide snacks and water to travelers. Afterward, SAR escorted them to safety.
This example shows how circumstances can change when traveling in snowy conditions. Glenn County SAR said in addition to chains and a shovel, remember to take extra food, water, and blankets even if you think the trip may be short.
- Search & Rescue reminds people to prep for snowy conditions
- Election Day Reminders
- Search & Rescue Prepared For Summer
- Butte Search & Rescue Launches Capital Campaign
- Reminder on Safety While Using Waterways
- 114 mph wind gust in snowy Sierra storm
- Fire Protection wants to remind people how to use caution when conducting debris burns
- People on the ridge prep for fire season
- Oregon search and rescue dog falls 30 feet, survives