A building that's been vacant for years on Cohasset and East Avenue is being torn down altogether this week.
The building was last occupied by a restaurant called Scrambles, but closed down years age as new businesses like Orange Theory and New Earth Market moved in.
According to the Chico City Building and Planning Department, there is a plan in the works to build a Chase Bank branch near that location, but not at that specific address.
City Manager Mark Orme says no application has been submitted for a new project yet.
As for the demolition? All of the work should be finished by this Friday.
- "Scrambles" building in shambles, demolition ongoing
- Massive bridge demolition recorded
- Bay Bridge Demolition Complete
- Demolition Begins This Week at the Chico Salvation Army Building
- Butte County Fire Safe Council scrambling for funding
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge Replacement Project Schedules Demolition
- Demolition of Dicker's Department Store Brings Back Memories
- Redding seeks public input in ongoing effort to improve public safety
- Still ongoing questions regarding the Oroville Dam crisis: DWR names new director