Chico, Calif. -- It's not too late to get the television of your dreams ahead of Sunday's "Superbowl 52."
Even if you're not a sports fan, it's a good time to buy.
Typically television sales tend to stagnate in the beginning of the year. In order to counter the slow cash flow, television prices drop during the weeks before the Super Bowl with deals that can rival Black Friday discounts.
The Super Bowl will not be broadcast in 4K, but a 4K TV can still be a smart investment.
LED TVs will generally be cheaper than OLED TVs, but OLED screens generally perform better for fast moving content like sports.
Gary Newmark, the Sales Lead at the Chico Best Buy, recommends the LG OLED or Samsung QLED. Newmark said they have the best picture quality. 55 inches start at $1,700.
The Samsung 8000 or QLED are more bang for your buck options that still offer great resolution.
"All the Samsungs are 30% off and we have a lot of sales on other brands as well. TVs can go up to $200 and $4000 or higher," said Newmark.
Shoppers should try to do some comparison shopping. A tool like Google Shopping will list prices for a specific model from various retailers so you can see how the deals stack up.
- Score big Super Bowl TV deals
- A super amount of food for Super Bowl Sunday
- Local restaurants gear up for Super Bowl
- Super Bowl selfie kid speaks out
- Timberlake rules out 'N Sync reunion at Super Bowl show
- Super Bowl Fever: It’s Good for the Brain
- Sheila E: Timberlake won't use Prince hologram at Super Bowl
- Redding residents bask in the sun rather than watch Super Bowl
- Super-size Black Hole discovered
- Almond Bowl Car Giveaway Friday