Get ready for another day of severe heat and high fire danger across Northern California. The majority of the valley and foothills are under a Heat Advisory through 8pm Wednesday evening, and the Northern end of the valley is under an Excessive Heat Warning through that same time frame. Skies are clear to mostly clear across Northern California this morning, and should stay sunny for most areas today. Temperatures are starting out in the 60's to mid 70's in the valley this morning, and in the 50's for most mountain areas. Winds are starting out light and out of the East again early today, but are expected to be up to 10mph out of the South this afternoon. Humidity is projected to dip to between 10 to 25 percent this afternoon, so it will be dryer than yesterday. High temperatures are projected to climb into the 103 to 110 degree range in the valley this afternoon, and into the low 90's to around 103 degrees in the mountains later today. Fire danger will be in the high to extreme range again this afternoon, and heat related illness will be a big concern.
Staying sunny and getting even hotter for your Wednesday. Valley areas are projected to end up in the 105 to 112 degree range on Wednesday afternoon, while mountain areas range from the mid 90's to around 105 degrees. The Excessive Heat Warning and Heat Advisory are both expected to expire at 8pm on Wednesday night, but it will still be extremely hot on Thursday. Valley areas will be in the 103 to 110 degree range on Thursday, and some clouds will return through the day. Temperatures will then fall into the mid 90's to low triple digits in the valley with partly cloudy skies on Friday. The potential for showers and thunderstorms will be returning to the mountains from late Thursday into the weekend. Friday and Saturday will be the most likely days for active weather to occur. Temperatures are expected to stay in the triple digits in the valley through your weekend.
- Scorching heat is prompting warnings across Northern California today
- Severe heat prompts a Heat Advisory across Northern California today
- 2 Red Flag Warnings in place for Northern California today
- Red Flag Warning Continues Today Across Northern California
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Excessive Heat Warning ahead for Northern California
- Wet weather returns to Northern California today
- Rain & snow return to Northern California today
- Heavy rain is prompting a Flood Watch across Northern California
- Hard Freeze Warning continues across Northern California
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today