A Yuba City High School teacher accused of inappropriate conduct could lose his job.
The teacher, Jim Whiteaker, is also a Sutter County Supervisor. He was put on leave after being accused of inappropriately touching a student. Whiteaker maintains that he believed two students were fighting and simply tried to break up the fight.
We've reached out to the Yuba City Unified School District, the Sutter County Board of Supervisors and Whiteaker himself. None of our phone calls were returned -- but the Sutter County Board of Supervisors did release a statement saying they're aware of the actions of the school board, but have no further comment at this time.
- School board considering firing teacher at Yuba City High School
- Yuba City High School teacher placed on administrative leave
- Student Sues Yuba City High Teacher, District
- Allegations of inappropriate conduct by teacher at Yuba City High
- Yuba City commercial structure fire threatens home
- Yuba County Election Results
- School board approves to move Inspire School
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Yuba City Christmas Stroll road closures