Looks like you're going to want to keep your umbrella handy today, but you may not be needing it much. Scattered showers are lingering across Northern California today. Mountain rain and snow showers look likely earlier on in the day, and scattered valley showers look likely for your afternoon. Snow levels are expected to dip into the 4000' to 4500' range today, but showers will be much lighter than the last few days. 4 to 8 inches of new snow will be possible through tonight. A Winter Weather Advisory is in place for portions of the Sierra down to 5000' through 6pm tonight. There is still an active Flood Warning along portions of the Sacramento river for the start of your morning, but they may be removed later today. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 40's to low 50's in the valley overnight, and into the 30's in most mountain areas. Winds will be out of the South to 15mph, with the potential for gusts up to 25mph this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the mid 50's for the valley, and into the 40's in the mountains this afternoon.
The potential for light and scattered showers will continue overnight, but we are expecting to be mostly dry on Friday. There will still be a chance for very light showers lingering into your Friday morning. Friday afternoon looks dry, but another round of wet weather will be returning on Saturday. Some light showers will linger on Sunday, but we'll dry out again on Sunday. Looks like we can expect a dry start to next week. Models are hinting at the chance for some showers dropping into our region on Monday night into early Tuesday of next week, but then dry weather is expected to take hold of all areas for the middle of next week's forecast.
- Scattered showers linger into your weekend
- Scattered showers linger in your Tuesday forecast
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Scattered showers continue this weekend
- More showers lingering through your weekend forecast
- Showers Linger Monday with Possible Thunderstorms
- Scattered showers ahead for your Tuesday
- Scattered showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Scattered showers return for your Tuesday