Keep your umbrella handy, and be prepared to deal with major travel impacts across Northern California today. Rain and snow will be lighter today, but the potential for flooding is still a major concern. A Flood Warning is in place through Thursday morning along several areas of the Sacramento River, and a Flood Watch is in place for the potential for ponding water on roadways. A Winter Storm Warning is still in place through noon Thursday down to 4500' in the Sierra and Northern Mountains. Snow levels will be rising today, but up to a foot could still fall down to 5000', and up to 3 feet could fall down to 6000'. A Wind Advisory has been extended through 4pm this afternoon in the valley. Winds will be out of the South to 30mph, with gusts to 45mph today. Showers are not expected to be as heavy, so the potential for flash flooding around burn scars does not look as likely today. Temperatures dipped into the high 40's to low 50's in the valley overnight, and into the low to mid 30's in the mountains this morning. High temperatures will top out in the mid 50's this afternoon in the valley, and in the high 30's to mid 40's in the mountains.
Most of the showers will wrap up late tonight, but some lingering showers will be possible in the mountains on Thursday. Friday looks dry across all of Northern California, and will be a nice day to get outside. More light showers will return to our region on Saturday, but we aren't expecting any major impacts from that system. The current outlook has Northern California staying dry on Sunday and Monday. The next wet system will then arrive on Tuesday and last into the middle of next week.
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- Heavy showers & strong winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Scattered showers ahead for your Tuesday
- Scattered showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Cooler, with scattered rain and snow showers today
- Scattered showers continue this weekend
- Drying out today, but more showers ahead
- Pleasant today, but more showers are ahead