Showers returned to Northern California overnight, but are already starting to wind down this morning. The potential for more showers will continue into the morning commute, but will mostly be tracking into the Sierra around 8am. Valley showers will be minimal after that, and mountain areas will taper off by this afternoon. Temperatures are starting out much warmer than yesterday morning, with valley areas in the high 40's to low 50's early today, and mountain areas in the mid 30's to low 40's. High temperatures will end up in the low to mid 60's in the valley, and in the 40's to 50's in the mountains. Winds have picked up overnight, and are expected to be much stronger today. Sustained winds will be up to 15mph out of the South, with gusts to 30mph in the valley. Gusts could reach 40 to 45mph out of the South in the Sierra today.
The next round of showers will return to the Northwest corner of the state this evening, and will slowly track South across the region through early tomorrow. The main impact from the next wave of wet weather will be in the far Northern zones of our area, with minimal impacts expected South of Shasta County. Most of the showers will wrap up early Friday morning, but more scattered showers will be possible in the mountains. Snow levels will stay between 5000' to 6000' over the next few days. Up to 5" of snow will be possible along Lassen Peak, but only an inch or so is expected down into areas like Chester. Temperatures will not change much from today to Friday.
Another wave of moisture will approach Northern California on Saturday, but is expected to be limited to mostly mountain areas. Precipitation amounts are not expected to be impressive. Temperatures will be warmer this weekend, with valley areas back up into the mid to high 60's. Showers will subside again by early Sunday, and it will be dry for the end of your weekend. Dry weather and warm temperatures will continue for the start of next week. The next wet weather will return on Tuesday, and last through the middle of next week.
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- Heavy showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Heavy showers & gusty winds ahead for your Thursday
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Heavy showers and gusty winds ahead for Northern California
- Icy roads and gusty winds ahead for your Friday
- Scattered showers ahead for your Tuesday
- Scattered showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Scattered Showers for Thursday
- Scattered showers continue this weekend