REDDING, Calif. - The Sav-Mor grocery store in Redding is open again, after being shut down most of the week due to a weather-related roof collapse.
Heavy rains poured on the northwest corner of the roof Tuesday night causing it to buckle and nearly every inch of the store became drenched.
Sav-Mor employee Rebekah Cogburn said, "We're super-excited to be open again after the ceiling caved in over in the lobby. Everybody's really happy that we're open again," she exclaimed.
Sav-Mor is a local market explained Cogburn. She said customers had been expressing sadness about the closure, but she said Saturday they were seeing a lot of happy faces.
Employees and construction crews buckled down over the last few days to get ready for the reopening. Some employees were still putting the finishing touches on some shelves on Saturday while customers shopped.
The area where the collapse occurred is walled off so construction crews can keep making repairs during regular business hours.
- Sav-Mor in Redding reopens after roof collapsed
- Redding Sav•Mor closed after weather-related roof collapse
- Crews work to reopen Sav-Mor in Redding after roof collapse
- Sav-Mor in Redding on track to reopen Saturday
- Raising the roof, Diamond Hotel
- Highway 299 reopens east of Redding after police activity closure
- East 10th Street Reopens
- Starbucks Reopens in Paradise
- Paradise ice rink reopens
- Collapsed Culvert Causes Road Closures in Paradise