SAN DIEGO (AP) - Five members of a family, including three young boys, have died and another boy was hospitalized with injuries in an apparent murder-suicide in San Diego.
Lt. Matt Dobbs said officers responded to a report of arguing and what sounded like a nail gun being fired inside a house in the Paradise Hills neighborhood Saturday morning.
He said when officers arrived, they found a 3-year-old boy, a 29-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man dead inside. A 5-year-old boy and 9-year-old boy were taken to the hospital where they were pronounced dead.
An 11-year-old boy was also taken to the hospital to undergo surgery. His condition has not been released.
Dobbs said investigators found a gun in the house. Police believe the shooter was one of the deceased.
- San Diego Police say five members of a family are dead, one injured in possible murder-suicide
- 20 children injured after stairwell collapses in San Diego
- Victim of San Diego plane crash identified
- Marine stabbed to death in San Diego
- San Diego seawater temperature hits 102-year high
- Dog Saved From Sinkhole in San Diego
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- San Diego investigating man's near-crushing in trash truck
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Shots Fired Near San Diego Marathon, Female Suspect Arrested