BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A new group of volunteers is starting up to help families search through their burned homes.
The group, Samaritan's Purse, has gotten in touch with 1,800 families so far that have been affected by the Camp Fire.
They search through properties impacted by the Camp Fire in an effort to recover personal belongings that may have not been destroyed in the fire.
"What we are doing here in Paradise is, as you can see, so many homes have burned to the ground and we are here on the ground helping them find personal belongings as well as provide spiritual support," said Alyssa Benson, a volunteer with Samaritan's Purse.
Samaritan's Purse says it is looking for more local volunteers to help in their recovery efforts. For more information, CLICK HERE.
- Samaritan's Purse Volunteers Search Through Homes Burned in Camp Fire
- Good Samaritan Funeral Service
- Camp Fire burn victim relearning to walk
- Camp Fire Evacuees Search for Affordable Housing
- Fire nearly burns down Biggs home
- 30-Acre Fire Burns Near Oroville Homes
- Local Volunteers Work to Protect Salmon After Camp Fire
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Purse Snatching Suspect Nabbed in Anderson
- Flash Flood Watch Issued for Camp Fire Burn Area