CHICO, Calif. - Santa's helpers are hard at work Wednesday morning in Chico, bringing toys and food to nearly 300 families who lost their homes in the Camp Fire.
The Salvation Army will distribute toys and food boxes to nearly 300 families from the Paradise area who were affected by the Fire.
At the distribution, more than 900 toys and 300 food boxes will be given out.
The families registered for the holiday assistance during a one-week period last month.
This will be the first of two consecutive days in which the Salvation Army will distribute holiday gifts in Chico.
They'll hand them out in a drive-thru style, families can pull up and don't even need to get out of the car.
It's happening today and tomorrow from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at 13290 Contractors Lane in Chico.
The Salvation Army staff and more than 20 volunteers will be on hand.
- Salvation Army Brings Christmas to Camp Fire Survivors
- Salvation Army's Santa Shuffle
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Salvation Army Needs Bell Ringers
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Camp Fire survivors receive mattresses
- ‘Unwined’ Restaurant Hosts Free Christmas Dinner for Camp Fire Survivors
- Operation Warmth brings resources to Camp Fire survivors
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race
- New Salvation Army store opening in Chico