SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A man and woman from the Sacramento area were charged with two counts of child sex trafficking last week.
Eva Symone Christian, 22, of Sacramento, was arrested on June 14, and Robert Pierre Duncan, 24, of Galt, was arrested on May 31.
They were both charged with conspiring to engage in sex trafficking, and sex trafficking of a child, according to U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott.
According to court documents, Duncan and Christian recruited, transported, harbored and maintained a minor victim knowing that they would be caused to engage in prostitution. Documents allege that this incident occurred between September and October of 2018.
Duncan and Christian both face a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Sacramento man, woman charged in child sex trafficking case
- Ex-Oklahoma lawmaker pleads guilty to child sex trafficking
- Sacramento Woman Accused of Extortion in Aly Yeoman Case
- SHERIFF: Sacramento man arrested for sex with minor
- Mendocino County Woman Gets Prison Sentence for Sex Trafficking
- Sacramento woman facing elder abuse, identity theft charges
- Woman's body found on island in Sacramento River
- Chico minor recovered in major FBI child trafficking bust
- Cold case sex assault arrest involving Gridley man
- Sacramento man held for alleged freeway rock-throwing