CHICO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings have announced they will partner with three regional studios including Dance Elite All Stars, Kast Academy of the Arts and Chico's Hype Dance Studio to help choreograph the team's new gender inclusive hip-hop group called the 916 Crew.
Dancers selected for the 916 Crew will perform high energy routines during Kings games and serve as community ambassadors appearing at events throughout the Sacramento region.
The owner of Hype Dance Studio, Sarah Schneeweis, says she's thrilled about the opportunity to help choreograph dance routines.
"We're just super excited about this new direction they're going, [we're] ready to make it fun and explosive this season," Schneeweis said.
A free Master Class, led by all three dance studios, will take place at the Natomas Practice Facility, located at 1 Sports Parkway in Sacramento on June 18.
The class will give participants more information about the 916 Crew, an opportunity to learn new choreography, and details about the audition process.
The free 916 Crew auditions will take place at the Natomas Practice Facility on Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29.
Individuals must be 18 or older by Oct. 1, 2019 in order to be able to tryout.
CLICK HERE to register for the Master Class on June 18.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the class and the upcoming auditions on June 28-29.
- Sacramento Kings partner with local dance studio
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Cottonwood Students to Play at Sacramento Kings Game
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Sacramento DA: 'Golden State Killer' Arrested
- Suspected ISIS Soldier Arrested in Sacramento
- Sacramento authorities bust credit card skimming ring
- Sacramento River flooding closes RV park
- Authorities investigating 2-plane crash north of Sacramento