SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The Sacramento Kings honored the teams from Paradise High School Wednesday night.
After going through the destructive Camp Fire, this was a welcome break for the girls and boys basketball teams.
They got to throw t-shirts up into the stands and the Kings also made them their own special shirts that say "Butte Strong."
The team has had to play all of their games on the road, but they say it's not about the wins and losses.
"It's for all of us and I don't think we're all going to be playing for the same reason as before, we're playing differently and representing our town which is really cool," said Carolanne Christie, a Paradise High School basketball player. "Every team we meet has given us dinner and bags which is really cool."
The team will eventually be playing and practicing at Butte College.
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Cottonwood Students to Play at Sacramento Kings Game
- Golden State Warriors Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Sacramento DA: 'Golden State Killer' Arrested
- Suspected ISIS Soldier Arrested in Sacramento
- Sacramento authorities bust credit card skimming ring
- Paradise WWII veteran honored with Quilt of Valor