SACRAMENTO, Calif. - There was a huge round of applause for the Paradise High School men's and women's varsity basketball teams as they were honored at the Sacramento Kings game on Sunday.
Ronald Swart, the father of one of the students on the men's varsity team, played a big role in getting the tickets for the students.
He manages the Outback Steakhouse in Chico and said that his boss stepped up to help get the kids to the game.
"It's the right thing to do. it's a call to duty to take care of your people and take care of the community that you work in," Swart said.
That includes buying kings tickets for more than 60 members of the Paradise High School men and women's basketball teams.
Get more details in the video.
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams
- Golden State Warriors Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Cottonwood Students to Play at Sacramento Kings Game
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes Jan. 8
- President Trump Signs Paradise High School Hat
- Paradise High School gets piece of high tech learning equipment