OROVILLE, Calif. - Deputies have issued an arrest warrant for a woman who they say embezzled over $63,000 from a Camp Fire survivor.
Butte County Sheriff's Office announced in a press release that they have issued an arrest warrant for 29-year-old Brenda Asbury for elder abuse, embezzlement, and grand theft.
The warrant is the culmination of an investigation that started on July 30, 2019, deputies said. At that time, the sheriff's office learned that Asbury allegedly embezzled $63,100 from a 75-year-old Camp Fire survivor.
The embezzled $63,100 was part of an insurance settlement the 75-year-old Camp Fire survivor obtained after losing a residence in the Camp Fire.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information about Asbury’s location to contact Detective Will Brewton at 530-538-7671.
- SHERIFF: Warrant issued for woman who deputies say embezzled $63,100 from Camp Fire survivor
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Camp Fire survivors receive mattresses
- Erin Brockovich Meets with Camp Fire Survivors
- Donated Shoes For Camp Fire Survivor
- Boxer Ava Knight Helps Camp Fire Survivors
- Gov. Newsom meets with Camp Fire survivors
- Survivor opens Camp Fire Barbeque joint
- 280 grants given to Camp Fire survivors