Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE 11:24 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019 - Deputies have released the identity of a 19-year-old who was shot in his car in Hamilton City on Monday.
Alonso Valdovinos of Hamilton City, suffered from multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead after life-saving measures were exhausted, deputies said.
Investigators from the Glenn County Major Crimes Unit were called to investigate the incident as a homicide. Witnesses told detectives they heard several gunshots just prior to the collision.
According to authorities, they discovered a maroon Acura passenger car collided with a utility pole, trampoline, and a parked car before coming to a stop in the driveway of a house on the northwest corner of 2nd street and Sierra Ave.
There is no suspect information at this time. However, there is evidence to indicate there may have been another car in the area when the incident occurred, deputies said.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit at 530-934-6431.
HAMILTON CITY, Calif. - One person has died from a shooting, Glenn County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of the shooting Monday, around 10:20 p.m.
A 19-year-old pulled up to the intersection of East 2nd street and Sierra Ave. Monday night around 10:20 p.m. when somebody shot at him in his car. He then accelerated through the intersection going through the neighbor's yard, hitting a trampoline, and then hit a parked car that jolted into another home, according to deputies.
Deputies have not confirmed if any arrests have been made. They are stressing that they believe this was not a random act and that they believe the 19-year-old was targeted, deputies told Action News Now.
Deputies confirmed the death of the driver and he has not yet been identified.
Action News Now is working to learn more information and will share the latest developments as they become available.
- SHERIFF: One person dead from shooting in Hamilton city
- Shooting at Nashville Mall: One Person Dead
- J Levee Construction Underway in Hamilton City
- Hamilton City Levee Project gets $8 Million
- Rail Service Returns to Hamilton City
- Did you feel it? Hamilton City earthquake
- Sheriff: 3 dead in New Mexico school shooting
- One Dead After Two Vehicle Crash on Highway 32 Near Hamilton City
- Sheriff's Office Camp Fire Missing Person List
- Firefighters in Hamilton City saved a Christmas tradition