CHICO, Calif. - Butte County Sheriff's Office announced the charge of a man for lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14-years-old on Monday, Oct. 21.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office announced an arrest warrant has been obtained for 51-year-old Mark Johnson for lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14-years-old, and for failing to update his address pursuant to the Sex Offender Registration Act.
The arrest warrant is apart of an investigation that began in November of 2018. During that time, the Butte County Sheriff’s Office learned Johnson was sexually assaulting a minor victim.
After an extensive investigation, the Sheriff’s Office obtained an arrest warrant for Johnson on Oct. 18.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information about Johnson’s location to contact Detective Brian Parsons at 530-538-7671.
- SHERIFF: Man charged in child molestation investigation
- Neighbors react to child molestation investigation and arrest in Redding
- Arrest Made in Child Molestation Case
- Marysville PD searching for child molestation suspect
- Suspected Washington child molester arrested in Redding
- Merced Sheriff released molester by mistake
- Red Bluff Man Arrested in Connection to Child Molestation Case
- Marysville Police arrest suspect in suspected child molestation case
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted in Child Molestation Case
- Redding Police on Hunt for Child Molestation Suspect