Shasta County - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says around 2:00 a.m., Monday, Aug. 19, a law enforcement officer attempted to pull a suspected DUI driver over on Shasta View Drive.
Investigators said the driver took off, leading authorities on a chase down several streets, and finally onto Highway 299 towards Burney.
Spike strips were deployed, and the two people in the car were arrested without incident.
Redding Police said the driver was under the influence of drugs, officers found suspected meth in the suspect's possession.
Driver Paul Cruz and passenger Felicia Jenfaw were arrested on several charges.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office said the car was stolen out of Redding in July.
- Two under arrest after high-speed chase in Shasta County
- Shasta County Traffic Stop Turns Into High-Speed Chase
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest
- High-Speed Chase Nearly Ends in Shasta Lake
- Suspects arrested in burglary, high-speed chase in Tehama County
- Siskiyou County high speed chase ends in two arrests
- Shasta County Sheriffs: High Speed Chase Suspect Tracked Down by K-9
- Shasta County deputies searching for wanted felon after high-speed chase
- Police Pursue High-Speed Chase on I-5
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera