CITY OF SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - Deputies are searching for a man that lead authorities in a high-speed chase at the City of Shasta Lake Sunday, said the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO).
According to SCSO, at around 1:30 p.m. a deputy tried to perform a traffic stop on a white 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, because of a vehicle violation. But the vehicle fled and drove at a high rate of speed westbound on Shasta Dam Boulevard from Median Avenue.
Deputies then chased the car, driven by Clifford Lee Bowers, 42, who continued to drive recklessly all the way to the Shasta Dam Visitors Center.
Once deputies arrived at the center, they laid out a tack strip that flattened the suspect’s vehicle, where the chase ended.
Bowers then left the Mitsubishi and fled on foot to the Centimudi Boat Ramp, but deputies could not locate the suspect.
Agencies including SCSO and a California Highway Patrol helicopter were continuously searching for Bowers but not to avail.
If anybody has seen Bowers they are asked to SCSO at (530)-245-6096.
- SCSO: Suspect on the Loose After High Speed Chase
- Deputy Cars Nearly Hit While Chasing Suspects in Burney: SCSO
- SCSO: Suspect Injured in Shootout with CHP
- Police searching for suspects in high speed chase
- Paradise home invasion suspect arrested after high speed chase
- High-Speed Chase Down I-5 Unsuccessful in Stopping Suspected Batterer
- Suspects arrested in burglary, high-speed chase in Tehama County
- Armed suspect arrested after high-speed chase in Redding
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Flee Police in High-Speed Car Chase
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera