City of Shasta Lake, Calif. --
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says a man suspected of domestic violence also assaulted a Sheriff K-9 during his arrest.
Deputies with the Shasta Lake Patrol Station responded to a domestic disturbance call at Millers Mobile Home Park on Cascade Bouldevard at around 9 p.m. Thursday. That's where deputies contacted a victim with visible injuries who said she was assaulted by her husband, 28-year old Jonathan Romo.
Deputies found Romo in violation of felony corporal injury to a spouse and assault with a deadly weapon. Deputies say Romo began to yell from the home, and ran out of view. That is when deputies released K-9 "Hondo" inside the mobile home to apprehend Romo.
The Sheriff's Office says Romo assaulted K-9 "Hondo" by kicking him. The K-9 was not injured.
Romo was arrested for felony corporal injury to a spouse, assault with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest, and harming a police K-9.
- SCSO: Man Suspected of Domestic Violence Assaults K-9
- Man attacks K-9 officer during domestic violence arrest
- SCSO: Suspect Injured in Shootout with CHP
- Man pleads guilty to felony domestic violence
- POLICE: Redding man arrested for domestic violence
- K-9 Jax apprehends sexual assault suspect in Redding
- UPDATE: SCSO female suspect in Anderson shooting found
- Deputy Cars Nearly Hit While Chasing Suspects in Burney: SCSO
- SCSO: Suspect on the Loose After High Speed Chase
- Events and resources, Domestic Violence Awareness Month