Photo Gallery 1 Images
Deputies say that two men were involved in a physical altercation that resulted in an ex-husband receiving a gunshot wound in Cottonwood.
According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, this happened about 12:35 p.m., Saturday at 3483 Willow St., in Cottonwood after deputies received a call about a disturbance in the area.
A friend identified as Shawnte Blunt called to report that her friend, Crystal Paris had an ex-husband, 30-year-old Joseph Ruth, fighting with her current boyfriend Tanner Bull, 25.
As deputies arrived at the scene they found Ruth with a single gunshot wound to the leg and was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Ruth was later released from the hospital and interviewed about the ordeal.
Deputies found out that Ruth had made prior threats to Bull earlier in the day and that Ruth was the aggressor during the incident.
Based on the interviews provided by both Bull and Ruth, no charges will be filed on Bull at this time, but Ruth was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for battery and making criminal threats.
- SCSO: Ex-husband gets shot by woman’s current boyfriend in Cottonwood
- Cottonwood man shot after starting a fight
- SCSO: Verbal fight between two men leads to shots fired
- SCSO: Teenage boy Accidentally Shot by Friend; Intended for Bear
- Woman caught burglarizing, possessing explosives, accomplice at large: SCSO
- Alleged Lakehead Market Robber Arrested: SCSO
- Victim Identified in Cottonwood Housefire
- Man shot by arrow in Redding identified: SCSO searching for suspect
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Cottonwood children’s garden for healthy living