CHICO, Calif - It was all love Saturday morning at Enloe Medical Center's fourth annual "Heart and Sole" 5K run.
More than 650 people came out to One Mile Recreation Area to get their hearts racing for a good cause.
Runners of all ages some as old as 90, hit the trails for the race.
Dozens of folks were "healthy heart patients,” people from Enloe's Cardiovascular Care Program.
One woman told us she had recent heart bypass surgery, and this was her first major event since going under the knife.
"These are people who have had heart attacks, heart surgeries and for them, it's a really big deal and to be able to give them a fun and engaging event like this that they can really own and enjoy is really special for us,” said Deanna Squires, an outreach coordinator for Enloe Medical Center.
All of the proceeds fund Enloe's future Cardiovascular Care Center.
- Runners get their hearts racing at 'Heart and Sole' 5K run
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race
- Enloe to talk heart health on Facebook
- Annual Basketball Tournament is Full of Heart
- Oroville Man Receives Heart Transplant from Firefighter
- Redding Goes Red for Women's Heart Health
- Veteran's Day 5K Hoorah
- '5K Walk and Run' Shows Light of Hospice Care
- Chico Running Club Hosts New Year's Day 5K
- Passengers Leap From Car as Uber Driver Has Heart Attack