NEW YORK (AP) - The Latest on the cancellation of Roseanne.
ABC has canceled its hit reboot of "Roseanne" following Roseanne Barr's racist tweet about former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett.
ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey says the comment "is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel the show."
The "Roseanne" revival this spring was an unexpected major hit for ABC.
It was particularly popular among many conservative viewers because Barr's character expressed support for President Donald Trump.
Barr's tweet suggested that Jarrett is a product of the Muslim brotherhood and the "Planet of the Apes."
She later apologized "for making a bad joke."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press.)
- Roseanne Reboot Cancelled by ABC
- ABC orders 'Roseanne' spinoff for fall minus Roseanne Barr
- POLICE: Multiple arrests in Oroville during ABC enforcement operation
- ABC News suspends senior reporter over story involving Flynn
- Officials cancel 2018 abalone fishing season
- BCSO cancel pursuit with wanted felon
- Attorneys general urge offshore drilling plan's cancellation
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia: Cancelled
- Chico Residents Create 'Cancel Kavanaugh' Event
- Tornado Warning Canceled in Butte County